Thursday, November 25, 2010

Blood Work

Hello everyone! So I went to get some blood work done yesterday at my OB/GYN. It was supposed to be cd21 testing (progesterone) and thyroid I believe. After the nurse was done with the blood and needle part (yikes.....), I asked her if they would also test the thyroid (the doc had said that it should be checked also, just in case). But when we looked at my chart (the hand written part of what doc said should be tested), the nurse was a little confused. On the line that said cd21 testing, the cd21 was crossed out with a scribble on top of it and on the remaining part of the line it said something about the thyroid. The nurse said she was going to find out for me if both things would be checked (progesterone + thyroid). I was a little pi**** off. Why not just checking all that needs to be checked and be clear about it??? When I get the results next week, I will have to ask what was tested. If for some reason, only one thing was checked, I know I will have to take the bull by the horns again, open my mouth, make an appointment, and ask if this or this or this should be tested. I get so frustrated sometimes. I know that my BT is most likely the cause of my 5 m/c's....... but I would like to make sure everything else is ok!!!!! We never know..... I might get lucky and a good little egg might come by someday..... ugghhhh........... sorry, I just had to let it out!

2 comments:

  1. Ughh..Sorry for the crappy appointment. Hoping you've worked everything out by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello thirtiesgirl.... well, I am still waiting on results. I am so glad that I am so busy with work so I can keep my mind occupied! Thank you for caring! I hope you had a nice vacation!

    ReplyDelete