Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Huuuhhhh....

This is how I feel today. So far it has been a crazy week, emotional.
My mom got her results from her karyotype and it came back normal, 46 XX. She does not have the translocation. My dad did not get tested but he has two children, me and my half sister. His family did not struggle with infertlity or losses. I am pretty conveived that I am de novo. I came to realize that I might be the first one to pass this on to a child and it is very hard to take in :(

On another note, I have taken a HPT on Tuesday, BFP (although the line is faint) but I started cramping (very intense) and spotting soon after. The spotting did not return today, except a yellowish discharge and no cramping, occasional pain. I think that the faint line and the spotting/cramping is just a sign that once again...this is not the one. We will have to see. I hope that if it isn't meant to be it will happen quick so I can move on. I was doing so good for myself. I want to keep going. If it is a good one......... well..........we shall see.....

2 comments:

  1. Oh Frenchie...I guess I will reserve my wishes of congratulations until you feel more confident about this pg. Hang in there but you know the drill...unfortunately too well. With respect to karyotype testing...my Mom tested normal...my dad tested abnormal. Shocker...because my mom and dad did not have any troubles. My Grandma (dad's mom) *thinks* she had a few miscarriages but by the sounds of things were chemical pg's. But still was able to have three kids, etc. So I just wanted to throw it out there that it is possible your dad was the carrier despite lack of infertility/losses in your family history. It is also believed that males with balanced translocations have an easier time at conception than female carriers do. Anyway...hugs and take care. Keep us posted on what's going on with this BFP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, great news on the bfp...At least you're at step one, right? I think that our bt comes from my mom's side--but she's never been tested. I don't think she ever will...she'd feel guilty if it was her that passed this on to us. Agree with Lisa above, keep us posted. Crossing my fingers for you.

    ReplyDelete