Thursday, May 26, 2011

Here is the plan--- for now

Ok, so I was able to reach my OB/GYN office and talk to the nurse who had talked to the doctor in my favor. I am known there as I am considered a special case because of my BT and them seeing me for 2 D&Cs and three follow-ups natural miscarriages. I asked them to just do the levels for a few weeks but the doctor said that even if they were doubling, it does not mean that there are no problems with the pregnancy, especially with BT and the different combinations that can pass on. They want to make sure that all is in place from the start. So, I will be going in on June 6th, which (if everything keeps going accordingly) should be between 6-7 weeks. In the past, they made me come for early scans and blood draws and I would have to go back every two days for more scans because it looked small, did not grow fast, etc... We are trying to avoid that this time, they understand how emotional this is for me. All the nurses know what I have been going through, they know me by my first name when I call (and it's a pretty good size practice). I would worry about the level results and spend hours on google and looking what it meant and just getting myself totally crazy. I had told myself that if I would get pregnant again, I would just let it go for a while and see what happens. I guess we are doing that at this time, to a certain degree. I asked the nurse, "what if I start bleeding in the meantime" and of course she told me to call right away and they would see me right then.
I guess in a week or so, I could re-test myself at home and see what the line color is. It has been growing darker until now. If it becomes lighter, it could indicate that something is wrong (it happened like that in the past). So, for now, here is my plan...... go along, try to relax as much as I can and hopefully make it to June 6th without bleeding. Fingers crossed!

9 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great plan. I've been thinking about you the last few days--and trying to post but blogger was apparently having issues. June 6th isn't far away at all. Continuing to cross my fingers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks thirtiesgirl..... thinking of you too and sending positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day at a time! I am rooting for you so much! If you ever want to talk feel free to email me (it's on my blog in the top right) I check your blog daily to see how your doing. I feel just as invested in this as you since I'm a fellow BT and obviously your situation brings me hope and I pray you finally receive your miracle. Always in My Prayers - Lavonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I will be here with you every step of the way too. Strap yourself into the roller coaster...and hang on tight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is everything still going well? Just thinking about you and wondering...Do you post on the bt yahoo group as well? I thought I may have seen a post by you last week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thirtiesgirl! I tried to comment on your post today but blogger was having problems!!!! grrrrr!!!!! To answer your question, yes, I am also on bt yahoo group. I go by my real name on it. Are you also on it?!
    Well, cross your fingers, so far so good!!! But we never know. First doc appt is 6/6/11.
    Thanks for thinking of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am holding hope for you and this pregnancy. I hope the scan tomorrow reveals a strong beating heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am on it. Carine? I've been following you on the group, if that's you. I'm Mel. Update as soon as you can after your appt tomorrow. I'm nervous for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mel. Yes, you're right I am Carine :)
    I've read your posts also and thought it could have been you after you told me you were on it.
    Thank you so much for thinking of me. I've been so nervous today and cannot focus on anything really. I've been playing all possible scenarios in my head... huuhhh.... I will keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete