Thursday, June 16, 2011

We have..... a Heartbeat

Oh..... what an emotional pregnancy this has been so far! As mentioned in my previous post, spotting started last Sunday and it seems too familiar as I have spotted in all my pregnancies and they all ended badly. As I went in today for my follow-up appointment, I was sure we would see a big fat nothing, let's be real, the spotting looked pretty bad yesterday (who spots like that in a healthy pregnancy?!..... I have read that it actually happens alot but because of the BT I associate it to be a negative thing).
Well, to my surprise, the heartbeat was there and the baby has signanfically grown since last Thursday. The growth seems to be on track from previous ultrasounds but I still believe that my dates are off a bit. I had the exact scenario in three of my pregnancies.
It measures 6w4d, which the doctor says that the date of conception could be around 11-13th of May. Huummm..... but I found out on HPT on May 17th. It seems odd. I know that ultrasounds are not a 100% and the dates could be off by a few days which I could be a little further along which would mean that I could still be in a normal range. Who knows.... it just seems that it started off. Also the numbers not doubling is a bit alarming to me. The doctor seemed fine with where we are at this point and I will be monitored weekly to see the progress.
Oh and the EDD is the day after our anniversary. Crossing fingers that this is a keeper. Ok I should stop focusing on the negative and making comparisons with the past pregnancies, let's try to stay positive!

6 comments:

  1. Ok I read my own post, I meant significantly! Please excuse my Frenglish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! A heartbeat is amazing? Have you ever had a heartbeat with previous pregnancies? I've never gotten that far and I assume it's because of the BT.

    Just remember that not every baby grows at the same rate.

    Keeping very strong prayers for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lavonne, yes, I have seen heartbeats before, this is why I am not at ease. The spotting concerns me but I know that sometimes, I does not necessarily means it is bad news. I guess in my case only time will tell. Thank you so much for the support! It means alot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I've been thinking about you and am so happy to read that you have a heartbeat.

    Keep growing little one!!

    Sending positive thoughts your way, sweetie. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been thinking of you! This is awesome news Frenchie. When do you go back again? Continuing to cross my fingers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thirtiesgirl, I am going back on thursday. I am a bit concerned as the spotting is still here and has not stopped. It resembles my first two pregnancies (although I am further than my first now), it was the same scenario in second pregnancy. Only time will tell. Thanks for thinking about me :)

    ReplyDelete