Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sad News.... The Pregnancy has Ended

Unfortunately today, our follow up ultrasound revealed some sad news. At 7w4d, no heartbeat. Our lo is gone.
I've had some spotting for 11 days now and many signs were not good from the start..... but we were still a little hopeful.
Dates were off, the shape of the pregnancy sac was irregular on initial u/s, levels not doubling, spotting, no symptoms.......... deep in my heart I knew. I have gone through this many times now. It resembled my first two pregnancies.Unfortunately this happens at a horrible time for me. I own a dance studio and I am the director as well. Our end of the year performance is Tuesday. We have tech rehearsals all week-end and starting Monday we have a full day of dress rehearsal and then the show is Tuesday night.
Here is the plan: we scheduled a D&C for next Thursday. I wanted to see if it would happen on its own in the meantime but man...... I have to be at rehearsals and even dance, wow..... talk about playing with the cards that have been dealt for you! Maybe it's best if it does not happen and I can last until Thursday. I wanted to avoid a D&C but then I have a few days off and have to start summer camps, I might as well. I can't grieve at this point as I have so many last minute things to prepare, I guess I will do so on Wednesday when the show is over.
I am doing ok, I guess. The doctor is also making me do some other tests to make sure that nothing else is wrong. Hubby and I are going to try and enjoy a few days off next week (probably after surgery) and then slowly but surely, we will try again. It has to happen at some point right?!
Well, my fellow followers, thanks for reading this and for all your support. This loss is a bit easier on me as I am able to share my feelings with people who understand. I hope to write again very soon about (hopefully) a successful pregnancy.

So far:
6 m/c's > 9 weeks
We will resume ttc #1 very soon... still hopeful

8 comments:

  1. All my love, support, and prayers going your way Frenchie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that this one didnt work out for you.. im on the yahoo group with you but wanted to offer support through here..
    i was hoping it was the one for you.. im sure it has to work someday... im holding on to that :o)
    take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe Frenchie...I was just thinking of you yesterday wondering how things were going. This is just plain awful news. I've only endured 2 miscarriages...I can't even fathom 6. I am terribly terribly sorry. Hugs Frenchie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry - I've had 2 miscarriages (both chromosomal), and am doing everything I can with genetic testing to avoid another, including changing clinics to get complete CGH testing.

    Being busy right now is probably good, but try to fit in time for yourself where you can. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frenchie--I'm so sorry. I so had hoped that this would end differently for you. Lean on us as much as you need to. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sorry hun, that sucks. Love to you both

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sorry to hear. I hope your show goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete